Tecumseh LV195EA Won't Start

bricekyle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Tecumseh LV195 EA won't start. New carburetor. new plug, fresh gas still will not start. Please help my grass is up to my knees. Thanks Also new air filter,

Last edited:

ryanbrewer1109

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are you still working on this project? If fuel is not the issue, then it must be either compression or spark. Of the two, lack of spark is more common. Have you tested for spark yet? A spark tester is maybe $10 or less at AutoZone. Else, unscrew the spark plug from the engine but leave it plugged into the cord. With threads of spark plug grounded to the engine, pull the starter cord and see if any sparks are firing in the plug gap. You might want to get an assistant to help with this--it can be difficult to see the sparks from a distance--especially while you are busy pulling the cord. Plus, I wouldn't hold the spark plug cord while doing this test--I've certainly given myself and my assistant plenty of shocks!

If there is no spark, replace the plug. If still no spark, it's usually because the kill switch is not full releasing when you pull the bail bar back. Let me know the results of your spark test.