Tecumseh LV195EA - No spark

Thing

Forum Newbie
Threads
First, let me give a little history for the mower. It is a Toro with a Tecumseh engine #LV195EA. This was my father-in-laws mower purchased around 2005 . Halfway through the season the self propel quit working. While it was being repaired he bought another mower and this one sat until this year. I rebuilt the carb just to make sure everything was good to go and it started on the first pull. After about 4 passes it just died.

I tested for spark with the kill switch disconnected and got nothing. I replaced the ignition module (gap is good) and still nothing.

Any idea where to go from here?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You said the kill wire was disconnected. Do you mean at the little tab down by the kill switch or at the module itself. Possibly the wire is grounding out if disconnected at the kill switch. Either the kill wire is grounded, or bad module, or bad spark plug. that are the three options for no fire. could be magnet on flywheel lost magnetism, but never have seen it happen.

Thing

Forum Newbie
Threads
You said the kill wire was disconnected. Do you mean at the little tab down by the kill switch or at the module itself. Possibly the wire is grounding out if disconnected at the kill switch. Either the kill wire is grounded, or bad module, or bad spark plug. that are the three options for no fire. could be magnet on flywheel lost magnetism, but never have seen it happen.

Thanks for responding.

Disconnected kill wire at the module itself. New plug and new module. Magnetism is good. I guess I could have bought a defective module. hmmm.