Super. Z HD

copperhead

Forum Newbie
Threads
Recently bought a super z hd are there any problems with these mowers?

MRCo.

Threads
Those things are tanks, great machines.

The only issue with them was Kawasaki struggled to provide enough juice to charge the battery with the clutch and fan, etc. drawing power. Hustler has a fix IF your system is affected. New units are fixed. To test, get a meter and test you are getting over 14DC to your battery with the mower on and clutch turned on so you are drawing all the power you would be while mowing. If you are, you're good.

Enjoy the mower...I know I do when I get one through!

Micko

Threads
The charging issue was sorted ages ago. No problem there but check all the connections occasionally.

The park breaks can loosen and wear needing total replacement. Mine went out at 500hrs. Keep them adjusted using the star adjuster inside the drum, not just the linkages. If trailering, tie the machine down so there is zero movement in any direction. Releasing the park breaks once tied down is a good option but I found it impractical.

Avoid mowing if there is any moisture on the ground.

Depending on your turf type, clumping can be a huge issue. You can buy a super high lift blade. They help with clumping but use more power and in will use more fuel. Nothing helps when the gras is wet!

I had the coils go out on mine at about 500hr, maybe even earlier.

Double check all the bolts, linkages etc are tight.

Experiment with the front baffle for best setting.

I hope you have an air compressor! You'll need one to blow out the oil cooler, hydro coolers and clippings from around the wheel motors etc.

About all I can think of now!
Good luck!