stone cold

stonecold

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an old ferris pro cut z with about 600 hours on it. last fall the right side seemed to be getting weeker as in not pulling.I can't believe a pump would be going out already. Has had filter and other service regularly. any ideas?

Threads
I have an old ferris pro cut z with about 600 hours on it. last fall the right side seemed to be getting weeker as in not pulling.I can't believe a pump would be going out already. Has had filter and other service regularly. any ideas?

Is there anyway to purge the hydro to see if that side might have air in it? I have seen them go out though with a lot less hrs than that.

gregjo1948

Threads
Maybe the hydraulic free-wheel is partially open. Depending on the age, some machines had 2 big turn knobs just in front of the engine and others had 2 levers underneath the machine. The levers are about 4" long and 3/8" diameter. They are underneath and, I think, just in front of the motor. You need to jack it up and get under far enough to see them. As you look at them, they swing or move from side to side in relationship to the machine. These valves are used if you want to move the machine by hand or without the engine operating. They disengage the hydraulics from the drive wheels. Good luck, gregjo1948