Stihl vs. Husqvaurna

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Now you are talking about a 2 cycle engine running a chain in a dirty environment. A chain saw needs maintenance and repairs because just how its used. Chains get dull, bars ware out,and a 2 cycle engine can just be tempamental. They are both good saws and yes they will both need repairs in there life time no matter what brand saw you get. My husky I have had coil problems and my Stihl carburetor problems. Now I just like the Husky better just because I like the feel of it better not because its better made. Some of the things I try to minimize problems are keep a sharp chain, use clean fuel and bar oil, before I start the day I remove the bar and clean it and blow out all the old wood chips the best I can with compressed air. I find I will still hit something to dull the chain at times but that is the time to resharpen.

bjc

Threads
I have thought about that before, it probably isn't a bad idea:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
At 11years old I don't think you are ready to handle either of the saws mentioned. You just posted you weigh 75 pounds and you had a hard time controlling a Z-turn. You a also questioning the info being given to you by mechanics that have decades of knowledge, when you should be trying to just learn from them.

bjc

Threads
Rivets, to tell you the truth you are scaring me. You know my profile by heart, and follow my postings. I don't have trouble controlling a zero turn, I occasionally tear the ground a little bit when it is wet. I use all of the latest safety equipment, and my dad cuts big branches in our yard with a chainsaw, so he wanted me to check out new ones, siince his Husqvaurna is leaking. I am not questioning the mechanics, I am finding out more, and I am not new to this, I built and welded a mini bike at 7, and am currently building a desk. I also carry around tools to fix/replace problems with my equipment. It isn't all for show either, I have had to tighten z-turn handles, change the belt, regularly check and change the oil, and sharpen the blades. Maybe you had some bad corn flakes, but I am not looking to make anyone mad, btw I know this isn't your first virtual war online.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If education scares you, so be it. I have taught engine rebuilding and small engine repair for over 30 years, and have seen students like you before. They know some parts of the trade extremely well, but don't see the big picture. You are to be commended for going out and working, but to call yourself a professional at this point is a little out of line. You ask for help, but question the answer. You think using 10 icons is cool. That's not professional. Drop the attitude, and listen to the answer, whether you like it or not. A professional uses a quiet, silent smile over a quick loud remark to get respect.

bjc

Threads
Education doesn't scare me at all, I go to the best school in my area and get A's. I am trying to fill the footsteps my dad made when he was a kid, because I want to. He had a huge business until he went to college. I have recently rebuilt a JD mower with my dad, so I know my share of mechanics, I you think I am lying, I was recently fetured in Make Magazine (School's Out page 92). Don't get me started on working, I started picking up pine cones at 5. I am a kid, and if you can't respect that, I don't know what will make you. More smiles means your happy, and we are on LawnMowerForum.com not Oprah Winfrey's channel so stop with the judging. Why don't you go rivet your mouth shut, stop dissing children, and let them work, and run errands for their fathers.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: BTW when I click on faces my mouse just randomly selects a ton of faces.