Stihl Trimmer FS80

dwcphoto

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Folks,
I got the Stihl FS80 trimmer out this afternoon for the first time this year. I ran it dry before storing it last fall, put fresh gas in it and after several pulls it started up. Nice. After using it for a half hour, I shut it off for about ten minutes and then it wouldn't start. I mowed with the tractor for a while and tried the trimmer again. It started up with just a few pulls. Then I shut it off for a couple of minutes and it wouldn't start again. Called it a day. Any ideas on what I should do? A new spark plug comes to mind, but you folks probably know more. Thanks, dwc

Kbota

Forum Newbie
Threads
No clue, but I know a guy that overhauled a small honda engine due to a bad (new) spark plug. After the overhaul, it ran as crappy as before. In desperation, he sticks an old spark plug off the work bench in it, and it started first pull and ran like a top. He had installed the first new plug because it was hard to start and ran poorly. When the new plug didn't fix it, he assumed that was not the problem, and began troubleshooting other components.

Spark plugs are cheap enough to have more than one spare. And no matter how much you beat me, I'll not tell you who that guy was....nope....never.....lips are sealed....