Stihl SH56C

Donystoy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Went to use my blower to clean off the driveway to re-seal it but the blower will not go over idle speed with trigger fully depressed. Blower is just over two years old and is only used to vacuum leaves in the fall from landscaping etc. I only use premium fuel plus Stihl 2cy oil and is let run dry when not used. I have cleaned the spark plug as well as fully cleaning the unit. It does seem to speed up a bit if I hit the primer indicating that it is might be starved for fuel. I did try to adjust the adj. screw but no difference. Should I take the carb off a second time and open it up now? The filter and tubing in tank seem o/k. but I might remove it and examine.
I thought that my problems would be over after throwing out my almost new Craftsman blower that Sears would not replace and buying the Stihl.

Donystoy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the machine torn down except for the cylinder but am going to get a long torx screwdriver to remove the muffler. Hopefully it has a spark arresting screen that is plugged.

Donystoy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Muffler spark arrestor plugged! Took it off and blew it out with an air hose after soaking it with paint thinners. Re-assembled and now blower works great. Only cost was a torx 25 screw driver as the hole was too small for my torx socket.

BAMP

Forum Newbie
Threads
Muffler spark arrestor plugged! Took it off and blew it out with an air hose after soaking it with paint thinners. Re-assembled and now blower works great. Only cost was a torx 25 screw driver as the hole was too small for my torx socket.

Just a F.Y.I.-All stihl 2 stroke motors do that,regularly depending on how much its used.

Donystoy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the heads up. I will have to check my weed whacker as well as my chain saw.