STIHL not standing by their product

Nwatson99

Threads
I'll take the camera to the repair shop when I pick it up and take the pictures there. Besides, I don't have to prove to you that I didn't drop it, I have to prove to STIHL that I didn't drop it - and the repair shop should be able to tell STIHL that it wasn't dropped. I didn't even re-fuel the thing. It's the same fuel from the store I bought it from - because I've only used it 15 times.

If I only used it 15 times over 5 years and I had this problem, then yes, STIHL should still be ashamed that their product didn't last that long too. I bought an expensive STIHL because it should last a lifetime.

Do you think maybe you fuel was bad and caused the damage, did you run any stabil in your fuel, was their gunk in your carb?
Did you get the saw hot and cold water by any chance?

Man Stihl is the best made, I have owned them counting my dad purchasing them for little over 30 years and we have never had no issues other than one weed eater had to get a new carb.
Change the spark plug, air filter, run good gas with Stihl quality fuel mix and Stihl products will run darn near forever.

deminin

Threads
I have a 2.5 year old STIHL - used 15 times - never dropped it. I am facing a $275.00 repair on an MS-211 that I bought for $250. I called STIHL and asked how an engine housing can crack when the plastic body surrounding the entire chainsaw was completely fine / not broken. I asked if they would stand by their product. They said "something cracked the engine housing." I said, that I'm telling as many people as I can about my experience and Kelly at STIHL tech services hung up on me. That is all FACT. I'm not a happy customer of STIHL. I will never buy their products again and I'm telling as many people as I can about this.

Sometimes. it is how you "communicate" with Customer Service. I have several Stihl products...2 chainsaws, blower, trimmer and cultivator...and will buy No other brand. 3 or 4 years ago, I was tilling the garden with my MM55 cultivator, and the engine seized. After I quit cussing, I took the motor apart and found that the connecting rod had broken. I sent Stihl an e-mail describing what I found, and the next day a Stihl rep called me. I calmly and politely described what I found, and he asked me to send him the broken parts. I did so, and about a week later, I received an apology for my "inconvenience", and a check for about 2/3rd's the cost of a new MM55. Since the cultivator was well out of warranty, I felt this was excellent customer service and support.