Stihl HS 60AV hedge trimmer question?

CanamTim

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello guys,
I'm new to the forum. I tinker on saws, trimmers and such. A coworker brought me an stihl HS 60 AV hedge trimmer to work on. Ok I have never worked on a Stihl before. I can't figure out how to get the cover off to get to the carb? It has a choke lever through it but no screws to hold the cover on? I tried to pull the choke lever off but it is spring loaded. I don't want to break it so I just stopped until I could get more info on it. My local shop said it just pulls off, i don't know how because I pulled as hard as I could. Someone help me. I have worked on other brands before but nothing like this.

CanamTim

Forum Newbie
Threads
No help? I don't want to break the choke shaft so Thats why I am asking you guys. Iam sure the carb. needs to be rebuilt but I can't get the cover off?? I have worked on small engines since i was boy but i never ran up with a cover with no screws? If someone has one out there let me know how to take off the cover so I can get to the carb. Thanks

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, it pulls straight off, and snaps straight back on, if it hasn't already been broken and j/b welded back on.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just checked with my local Stihl guy, the choke shaft is still available for a few bucks, here is a pic from the mediacat, it shows 2 different covers,
it looks like the lower one snaps on at the top, and is likely hinged at the bottom.

DSCN6212.jpg