stihl hl75 long reach trimmer- replace bearings?

chris1682

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi all, my first post on here so here goes-Please can u help?

the blades on the trimmer have stopped moving, ive taken apart the gearbox and there are some ball bearings missing/broken surrounding the pinion. can i just replace the bearings or is it all one complete unit meaning id have to buy a whole new gearhead? i have posted a picture, many thanks in advance

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    196 KB · Views: 21
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 23

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
You should be able to replace the bearing(s) if you can get them.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Those heads are repairable. Post your numbers and I'll see if I can get part numbers for you on Monday.

chris1682

Forum Newbie
Threads
Those heads are repairable. Post your numbers and I'll see if I can get part numbers for you on Monday.

many thanks for both replies. the only part number i have is stamped on the gear housing 42306410301, i cant see any ther obvious stamps. hope that helps. once again many thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Haven't forgotten about this, just haven't had time to do my homework. Will try to find time tomorrow, or you can go to your Stihl dealer and have him get the parts you need.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Finally got parts breakdown for hl75. Please post the parts you need and I will give you the part numbers. If you can post a couple of closeup pictures it may help, because there are three different heads used and the numbers you posted don't match what I have.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Buy a whole new head use the old one for parts