Stihl FS400

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is the orange ring you can see in the bottom of the primer.
It is a very cheap but remarkedly effecitve one way valve

Now because it is easy to get things wrong.
The primer should connect to the bigger spigot on the carb then go to the return line to the fuel tank.
The small tube on the carb should be connected to the furl line with the filter on it.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Also check the seal between carb and engine. sounds like its pulling air.

cherami

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also check the seal between carb and engine. sounds like its pulling air.

Removed the orange plastic guard that holds the carb etc and found the black plastic gasket was a bit damaged, which could suck air in, though I am unsure if it was damaged whilst trying to remove it. Now waiting spares, not quick in France.

cherami

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update so far Engineman,shiftsuper175607, bertsmobile1 Parts have at last arrived and are now fitted and apart from being set too rich it does seem to be running much better. However I am now having a problem with the throttle cable. It slipped down a few notches in the handle, which I have now corrected, but it does not seem to be enough is there another cable adjustment near the engine, as I cannot see to well where it enters the engine bracket or holder of he cable. problem being is that because the cable is a bit loose cannot keep it ticking over.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Update so far Engineman,shiftsuper175607, bertsmobile1 Parts have at last arrived and are now fitted and apart from being set too rich it does seem to be running much better. However I am now having a problem with the throttle cable. It slipped down a few notches in the handle, which I have now corrected, but it does not seem to be enough is there another cable adjustment near the engine, as I cannot see to well where it enters the engine bracket or holder of he cable. problem being is that because the cable is a bit loose cannot keep it ticking over.

I don't believe there any adjustment on the engine side, recheck at the handle..............

Attachments

• Screenshot_67.png
    Screenshot_67.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 7

cherami

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't believe there any adjustment on the engine side, recheck at the handle..............
Sorry for the slow response but I do not get emails to say someone has answered even though I have it ticked.

I have moved the cable up as far as it can go and it performs ok, maybe a small stretch in the cable.

My machine is running but a bit difficult to start and we still have the air being sucked up when we use the primer button, which never gets full always half. Not sure what else to do now.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry for the slow response but I do not get emails to say someone has answered even though I have it ticked.

I have moved the cable up as far as it can go and it performs ok, maybe a small stretch in the cable.

My machine is running but a bit difficult to start and we still have the air being sucked up when we use the primer button, which never gets full always half. Not sure what else to do now.

Check the fuel lines, replace the primer button if you haven't already done so, and make sure the fuel filter is seating under the fuel in the tank.