Stihl chainsaw

jahenbo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey,
I am new to this forum and am in need of some help. I have a Stihl chainsaw that a guy gave me, he said that the gas tank was busted. I not real sure what model it is and it is taken apart. I did find two numbers on it. One number was on a sticker and it was C11Y I believe the other number was M28 but all I have found listed was O28. The 28 number was on the tines that grab the wood at the base of the bar. If anyone can tell me where to find the correct numbers and possibly a manual so I can work on it and put it back together, I would greatly appreciate it!:drink:

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Stihl numbers can be difficult to find.
Some can be stamped near the housing at the exhaust. Some can even be stamped in between to sealed surfaces. Just give it a good clean and check.

The serial number could start with 1,2,3 or 8.
1 means german production, 2 usa production, 3 Brazil and 8 is china.

Try this site for info Chain Saw Collectors Corner - Gasoline Chain Saws by Manufacturer

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey,
I am new to this forum and am in need of some help. I have a Stihl chainsaw that a guy gave me, he said that the gas tank was busted. I not real sure what model it is and it is taken apart. I did find two numbers on it. One number was on a sticker and it was C11Y I believe the other number was M28 but all I have found listed was O28. The 28 number was on the tines that grab the wood at the base of the bar. If anyone can tell me where to find the correct numbers and possibly a manual so I can work on it and put it back together, I would greatly appreciate it!:drink:

Sounds like you may have the MS028 Try this and see if it compares.

Stihl 028 Chainsaw