Export thread

Stihl 038 Farm Boss

B

birdog

Can someone provide a part number for a 038 Farm Boss carburetor? Tillotson is on there now but I'm trying to find a replacement carb that will work. Thanks in advance.

Barebuttminer

Barebuttminer

Can someone provide a part number for a 038 Farm Boss carburetor? Tillotson is on there now but I'm trying to find a replacement carb that will work. Thanks in advance.

Don't have a part number for you.
You might try searching ebay for an aftermart carb.
The guys over on the chainsaw board of the Forestey Forum are pritty sharp and may have a part number or know of an aftermart carb that will work.
http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?board=9.0
BBM

B

birdog

Thank you. I've been looking on ebay for the last several days. I'm trying to ensure I get the correct carb for this saw and preferably an OEM replacement if one can be located.

BlazNT

BlazNT

If you want OEM you have to go through a Stihl dealer.
Part number HE-19A 1119 120 0650

Boobala

Boobala

If you want OEM you have to go through a Stihl dealer.
Part number HE-19A 1119 120 0650

Chuck I sent him the parts manual in a PM, but it has the P/Ns for the Brazilian made carbs ( there's 2 different carbs for that saw, but I also sent him a boatload of Evil-Bay carbs as well, AND some other numbers too, hopefully he can figure it out, ( why do you keep puttin your toes in front of my feet ..?? ) ..:laughing:..:laughing:

B

birdog

Thanks everyone for your help. Does anyone know if the entire 038 line uses the same carburetor? Mine is about 30 years old.

B

bertsmobile1

My wholesale catalogue lists Tillotsen
HK-29A
HK-42A
Tillotson are still in production so why not send them an email ?
Repair kits are also available for both carbs
AFAIK the 42A replaced the 29A.