Stihl 028 VB

Butch1957

Threads
The reason I ask is that there is no hose connected. Just a small piece of brittle line that broke off. Maybe someone could give me an answer as in reference to what to put in it's place. Thanks.

This is an Older style Stihl chainsaw that I have a dilemma: On the body of the saw right next to the carby there is a fuel line connection. Is this a breather tube ? Does a capped fuel line hook up to this ? The both fuel connections are in place that go to the carby. This other one is a mystery to me.

Any input will help.

Thanks.

Last edited:

MRCo.

Threads
You are referring to a nipple to the left of the carb? That's the tank vent. Get a piece of fuel one about 2" long then find two short (3/8 - 1/2") or one long screw (3/4 - 1") with fry fine thread. If you have two pieces, put one half way up the line and one at the top end and mount it on the nipple. If you have one long one, just thread it in the top end. Done.

Butch1957

Threads
Thank You MRCo.

Merry Christmas. . .

You are referring to a nipple to the left of the carb? That's the tank vent. Get a piece of fuel one about 2" long then find two short (3/8 - 1/2") or one long screw (3/4 - 1") with fry fine thread. If you have two pieces, put one half way up the line and one at the top end and mount it on the nipple. If you have one long one, just thread it in the top end. Done.