Stihl 028 chain oiler

LonJ

Threads
Is there any way to adjust the amount of oil supplied to the chain? I have cleaned out all of the holes in the bar, checked the oil outlet area on the block. The oil reservoir does diminish while operating, but the bar gets hot and ultimately causes the chain to get too tight.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can you put up some pics of the bar, chain and sprocket? If you run the saw with the bar and chain and cover off, does it put out
a steady dribble of oil?

Nwatson99

Threads
Every time you cut anything with it, before going back into another piece of wood or if you are cutting a large tree half way through it also pull out, then rev it wide open three or for times to get more oil on the bar and chain.
Now a friend of mine had to take his to the Stihl dealer and have a new filter and line put on his and solved the problem. It appeared from what the dealer showed us when he picked up the saw, but when he was filling up the oil res there was debris falling into the tank thus stopping up some of the filter.

LonJ

Threads
I do seem to have some oil getting to the chain. I verified, by running saw with bar and chain removed and observing oil pumping out oil supply slot in crankcase and by running saw with bar and chain on and observing splatter of oil mist on a piece of cardboard. This is after I removed chain and really cleaned out the chain groove in the bar, it was pretty clogged up. I guess my problem is solved. I will remember to to take the advice and remove saw from cut midway and rev it up a few times to ensure oil is getting to bar.