Stihl 0 and 0-135 Hedge Clipper Connecting Rods w/needle bearings

mowerboy4u

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Stihl 0 and 0-135 Hedge Clipper Connecting Rods w/needle bearings
Ok Sports Fans, I gotta question. I used to work in a local repair shop and attended Stihl service schools for about 15 years, but I've been out of the "big" shops and working on my own, semi retired for about 10 years. The Stihl hedge clipper attachments, and some of the hand held hedge clippers have gone to a needle bearing connecting rod system. Echo used to run these years ago, but are there any tricks to disassemble the gear box on these systems without the needle bearings going all over the table or yet worse, into the grease laden gearbox? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your input !!!

Al

mowerboy4u

Forum Newbie
Threads
Interesting video, thanks for the link. I do exactly the same removal method, but sometimes the needle bearings fall out anyway. I didn't know if this was a sign of excessive wear, but I don't agree with the video as to the fact if you loose a needle bearing it won't make any difference, it could cause a big problem if the gearbox, once closed, a needle bearing migrated out of the race and got in between the pinion gear and the eccentric gear, could break a tooth or two. So, lawnboy 18, have you ever had the needle bearings come apart on you? Any other help would be greatly appreciated !!

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just to let you know, that is not my video. I just found it a while back.

I have two of these hedge trimmer attachments. One is getting noisy and rough. I've never disassembled one tho. I couldn't tell you about the needle bearings. But, I agree. Loosing one needle is no good.

mowerboy4u

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lawnboy18, thanks for your help. Just getting to know this forum, and you seem like a genuine person. Been to a lot of forums, and everyone it seems is an expert. Me personally, I learn every day. Hope you have a good weekend !!!

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am genuine. I don't know that much. I am learning as I go. Just like you. All tho, I do have a lot of knowledge on the Exmark 30" mowers and Ybravo mowers.

Have a nice weekend!

mowerboy4u

Forum Newbie
Threads
Same to you Sir, Enjoy your weekend !!!