Export thread

Steering Pinion Bearing Lube

S

SeniorCitizen

Has anyone developed a convenient way to lube the sleeve bearing that supports the steering shaft near the pinion gear on a X350?

M

mechanic mark

S

SeniorCitizen

Can't see it without a mirror located just below the steering wheel and can't feel it.

cpurvis

cpurvis

I just went through this on a 2140 Cub Cadet. The grease zerk ended up being on the opposite side of the tractor that the lubrication chart showed it. The zerk could only be seen with a mirror but wasn't that hard to get a flex hose grease gun on it.

Maybe yours is similar if it uses a zerk to lube the rack gear shaft?

S

SeniorCitizen

I just went through this on a 2140 Cub Cadet. The grease zerk ended up being on the opposite side of the tractor that the lubrication chart showed it. The zerk could only be seen with a mirror but wasn't that hard to get a flex hose grease gun on it.

Maybe yours is similar if it uses a zerk to lube the rack gear shaft?

Thanks for the suggestion but no such luck finding a zerk.

cpurvis

cpurvis

Thanks for the suggestion but no such luck finding a zerk.

It took me 25(!) years to find mine. First grease it's had since it left the factory in 1994.

S

SeniorCitizen

It took me 25(!) years to find mine. First grease it's had since it left the factory in 1994.

According to your time frame I'll be 103 an real possibly not concerned bout lube.:laughing: If there is one there it's been pretty well covered up when I can't see or even get my hand close to the area to feel for a zerk.

S

SeniorCitizen

Access problem solved.

Attachments