Starter motor

Britfellow

Threads
Hello,I'm new to the forum and hoping for some guidance. I have a 2006 Troybilt Super Bronco with a Kohler Courage SV590 engine. I began mowing yesterday, the mower started fine, ran well for about 10 minutes, the engine then began to pop and ran as if it was " over choked " ... I checked .. it was not, the engine also appeared to lose power.
After shutting the motor off I find now that the starter motor will not spin the engine, only if I remove the spark plug will the starter motor turn the engine over ???.Do I need a new starter,or is there something else going on ... relative to the engine running badly after initial start up ?.

Thank you so much for any and all assistance.

Britfellow.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take the valve cover off the front of the engine, and check the valve clearances. I suspect a rocker arm has come loose.

Britfellow

Threads
Take the valve cover off the front of the engine, and check the valve clearances. I suspect a rocker arm has come loose.

Thank you for your prompt reply ILENGINE .... I'll check that tomorrow.

Britfellow.

Britfellow

Threads

I removed the valve cover as suggested by ILENGINE .... sure enough,the exhaust rocker arm was flopping around !, I adjusted the valve clearances, temporarily replaced the valve cover, the engine fired right up !.
Thank you so very much ILENGINE .... saved me a lot of headache.

Britfellow.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I removed the valve cover as suggested by ILENGINE .... sure enough,the exhaust rocker arm was flopping around !, I adjusted the valve clearances, temporarily replaced the valve cover, the engine fired right up !.
Thank you so very much ILENGINE .... saved me a lot of headache.

Britfellow.

Every once and a while, I get one right.