Export thread

Squeaky something.

M

mdl

I have a Huskvarna YTH22V42 ...just a year old this week with 42 hours on it. There is a squeak that I can't figure out. It squeaks without the blades engaged , the faster I go, the faster it squeaks , and vise versa. It will squeak with the blades engaged also. Sometimes it stops, but mostly it's squeaking. It might take 10 mins after I start mowing or driving that it starts. Sounds like it's in the wheels maybe, or the axle but I can't tell....is there a way to grease them or something? Anyone else had this problem.
I hose off the grass off the top of the deck every time I mow....could I be doing something to it by putting all that water on the belts and pulleys? I don't think it's a pulley because it squeaks without the blades going. Anyone? Thanks.
Mark

reynoldston

reynoldston

Sound like the mower deck wheels. Oil the axles where the wheels are mounted on them inside and out. I just use motor oil out of a oil squirt can.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Grease them an let us know oil not gonna help as much as grease

M

mdl

The deck wheels never touch the ground. I mow on the highest or second highest. I also have to drive a couple streets over to mow another lawn and the deck is always raised so the deck wheels never touch.....seems that's when the squeak is the worse , just driving down the street.

Carscw

Carscw

It is a idler pulley. Take the deck off and look at the drive belt pulleys. Take the belt off and spin each idler pulley. Do not spray it with WD40 or pb blaster. Best thing to use is some grease. I take the pulley off to get grease on the shaft it sits on.

My cub does this every time I mow wet grass.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

Carscw

Carscw

IMO spraying your mower down with water hurts it more than it helps it. I use my blower and blow the grass off.

M

mdl

It squeaks driving down the road with no pulleys turning.

P

possum

Sounds like the front wheels are dry. If they have zerks grease them. If no zerks pull the front wheels and grease the spindles and bushings.

Carscw

Carscw

It squeaks driving down the road with no pulleys turning.

Ok how does it drive down the road with no pulleys turning? This is a trick I need to know

reynoldston

reynoldston

How can anybody know where your noise is coming from, but just a guess. I would maybe suggest that you have someone drive the mower and someone listen for the noise. Just maybe from here you can get a idea as to where the noise is coming from, front, back, mower deck, steering, chassis, engine,??? It just seem like a guessing game so far.

M

mdl

Agreed, just thought this one might have been a similar issue with other Huskvarna owners and I'd have something to try myself before spending money on labor and possibly parts.

Carscw

Carscw

Idler pulley on the drive belt.

You can not drive it down the road or in the yard without the pulleys turning.

Does not make noise for the first few mins. Then it gets hot and makes a noise to tell you hey I need some maintenance.

exotion

exotion

Just grease everything that moves... it will prolong the life anyway and have the side effect of fixing the squeak.

Wheels - bearings, axles
Drive - pulleys, check transmission
Deck - anti skid wheels, pulleys, spindles
Seat - springs and hinge
Stearing - wheel, rod, control arms
Engine - engine oil, starter etc.
Hood - bouncing, hinge
Belts - not to tight, not to loose

Like I said anything that moves creates friction a little grease (my favorite is the white lithium grease spray) makes friction not wear parts I'm sure you will find it if you listen careful

Fish

Fish

IMO spraying your mower down with water hurts it more than it helps it. I use my blower and blow the grass off.

I agree here! If it is an idler pulley, it would be on the drive/trans system. Washing the mower deck causes nothing but trouble.

B

b757200

I just purchased a new 48" Husqvarna and it squeaks with every front wheel rotation. Will look for a grease fitting, if not, will return it. The grass was wet. Mower has 8 hrs of use. Never happened with my old cub cadet.
Just grease everything that moves... it will prolong the life anyway and have the side effect of fixing the squeak.

Wheels - bearings, axles
Drive - pulleys, check transmission
Deck - anti skid wheels, pulleys, spindles
Seat - springs and hinge
Stearing - wheel, rod, control arms
Engine - engine oil, starter etc.
Hood - bouncing, hinge
Belts - not to tight, not to loose

Like I said anything that moves creates friction a little grease (my favorite is the white lithium grease spray) makes friction not wear parts I'm sure you will find it if you listen careful

K

kandance

My push mower, which I push literally to mow my grass. That means no gas. I keep it in my shed, most every time I take it out to use it it squeaks when pushing on grass or cement. Must I grease or oil the mechinisums every time I mow my lawn?

BlazNT

BlazNT

Spray white lithium grease is your friend. Spray all moving parts except the blades they selves.

Saanchips

Saanchips

I have a Husqvarna z554 zero turn mower. I have been hearing a squeaking loud noise from the front end of mover every time I cut the grass or driving to my friends house do the road. I can't pin point where the sound is coming from. But I know it's coming from the front end possibly the wheels. I have checked the belts the look good. I have greased the spindles and wheels. And yet after I grease the wheels the same loud noise still happens. Can anyone help me out. The mower only has 65 hours on it.
Saanchips