Export thread

Speed Feed 400 Trimmer Head

S

SeniorCitizen

Anyone using the echo speed feed 400 head. How is it?

Carscw

Carscw

I use them on a couple of my trimmers.
My wife likes them. She does most of the trimming. She runs 0.95 in them

She has one of them on her ryobi
And can have the line out longer and not as much strain on the engine as she had with a cheaper head with less line out

Mike88se

Mike88se

I have one. I like it. So far.

S

SnapperRiley

As far as I'm concerned it should be the only tap head on the market, I use to HATE autoheads I always took them off for a fixed head well when I bought my new shin T242 that all changed, speed feed head is amazing

MowerMike

MowerMike

It's the stock head on my Echo SRM-225, and I like it a lot. Super easy to reload line and bump feeds reliably.

Snapper101

Snapper101

I just put one on my GT 200R last week, I wished I,d done it long ago. I had a Fast load head ( or whatever they called it then ) on my Stihl FS 45 and it does,nt even come close to the Echo Speed Feed. It,s the best head I,ve ever used period.

Z

zmister11

do you think my echo speed feed will fit on my stihl fs 90? Or no bcuz it's different brands?

Good thread, since next tool I plan to up-grade to is my String Trimmer. Was wondering about those auto-feed heads..

Carscw

Carscw

do you think my echo speed feed will fit on my stihl fs 90? Or no bcuz it's different brands?

If you buy the speed feed head and not the echo brand it comes with adapters to fit any trimmer.

Same head just not sold by echo.

Z

zmister11

If you buy the speed feed head and not the echo brand it comes with adapters to fit any trimmer.

Same head just not sold by echo.

Ah okay thanks!

Snapper101

Snapper101

The Echo brand Speed Feed 400 comes with the adapter for the still trimmers. At least my FS 45. Just make sure it it,s for the straight shaft and the curved shaft models. That way you,ll end up with all the parts to fit on all most all trimmers.

D

Dave1954

I liked it at first but it doesn't bump feed very good, string gets sucked back in hub and you have to take it all apart and re string it, looking for a speed feed head to replace it, mine has only been used 4 times so its like new

Carscw

Carscw

I liked it at first but it doesn't bump feed very good, string gets sucked back in hub and you have to take it all apart and re string it, looking for a speed feed head to replace it, mine has only been used 4 times so its like new

Flip the spool over and try that.
It is made to work clockwise and counterclockwise.

T

timtim2008

best head i ever had.

H

Hokie99

Love it. Best I have owned to date.

jekjr

jekjr

We have a couple of them. Love them.

Carscw

Carscw

I been running the 450 this year.