Source for MTD Manuals

Mad-Mike

Threads
If you are looking for Manuals for your MTD Equiptment, I found out that Manuals Online has manuals for just about every walk-behind they made, they probably also do for the Tillers, Riders, Snow Blowers, and everything else. The manuals seem to cover the time period from 1970-present.

Some Tips I've Figured Out from Mucking About There....

The Model # System MTD Uses

MTD Models are usually split into two or three groups of 3 digits, and if only two, usually has an "A" or some other letter at the end to denotate certrain features. All machines up until 1983 have the 2 groups (ie 128-304A), and up until 1989-1990ish, MTD Model numbers are in groups of 3 (127-362-000), after that it gets a lot more complex.

The first two numbers are the type of machine, the third is the last digit of the year....

11x = Walk-Behind Push Mower
12x = Self-Propelled Mower
13x = Riding Mower
14x = Garden Tractor
15x = Reel-Type Lawn Mower
18x = Electric Rotary Mower
19x = Snow Thrower or Newer Riding Mower

You can usually tell the age by the catalog, for example, if you search for a 127-280A, it'll be a 1977 Self-Propelled walk-behind. But if you search for a 127-280-000, then it's a 1987 Model 280. Also, many models share manuals from the 80's onward.

Also, MTD Manuals do not contain information on the engine aside from "DeLuxe Engine or Standard Engine" or "Tecumseh/Briggs Classic/Briggs Max". For that stuff, you need the manual for your engine. Also, the manuals include a parts list handy for finding replacement parts.

Hope this is Helpful to you MTD owners.

Here's the link to Manual's Online
Free User Manuals and Owners Guides | ManualsOnline.com

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I get mine from MTDPARTS.com

Sent from my iPhone using LMF