Export thread

Snow Plow on ZTR mower?

Gregster

Gregster

Is anyone else putting their ZTR mower to use in the winter too?
I have one on my Bad Boy Compact Diesel.
Works perfect. No weight added or chains either.

Attachments

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

I use an atv to plow but not a ZTR. Do you have any pictures of how that plow mounts??. also how do you lift it? Does it have an electric lift?

Gregster

Gregster

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

Wow thats very easy to hook up the plow. How does the mower do in the snow? Can it push deep snow or do the tires spin with more then a couple inches?

Gregster

Gregster

Works so great
I used to dread mowing and shoveling.
Since I got this mower and plow, I look forward to both!
They have other attachments at Mibar that fit the mount as well, one I've been waiting for on their website is the jack attachment that uses the same electric lift.
That would make under deck service a breeze!

Gregster

Gregster

Wow thats very easy to hook up the plow. How does the mower do in the snow? Can it push deep snow or do the tires spin with more then a couple inches?

No never slips at all, but it's a heavy diesel so that's likely why.
I thought I would have probs with that too.
I side tilt and go down the walkways too!

slammed

slammed

Not bad. But on steep stuff I would not use it.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Not bad. But on steep stuff I would not use it.

Yeah I wouldn't either, which means I would have no use for it.....my whole driveway is on a steep slope! :laughing::laughing: But it is pretty cool for flat plowing! I am jealous! :biggrin:

Ida-Boy

Ida-Boy

Have one for the Grasshopper 725. I run just the paddle tires with it in the winter and my concrete driveway is no problem. I have used it for several years and I think I need to replace the bottom edge, a piece of steel that is bolted to the bottom of the plow. It doesn't seem to clean as well as it did in the past. Powerful and no match for 10 inches of snow.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Have one for the Grasshopper 725. I run just the paddle tires with it in the winter and my concrete driveway is no problem. I have used it for several years and I think I need to replace the bottom edge, a piece of steel that is bolted to the bottom of the plow. It doesn't seem to clean as well as it did in the past. Powerful and no match for 10 inches of snow.

Do you have some pictures? That is an impressive machine! :thumbsup:

Ida-Boy

Ida-Boy

I can take a couple tomorrow when I bring it up front from the barn. Doubt if I will use it on the 24th but they are talking 3 to 6 on Wednesday eve to Thursday.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I can take a couple tomorrow when I bring it up front from the barn. Doubt if I will use it on the 24th but they are talking 3 to 6 on Wednesday eve to Thursday.

OK cool...can't wait to see it!
Happy Holidays! :smile:

BWH

BWH

I have used a 612 Grasshopper since 1992 with a grasshopper blower it works great. Recently I have purchased a S185 Bobcat and added a snowblower, this gives me total comfort even in the winds of Nebraska not to mention I havent found a drift it dosen't just play with!

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I have used a 612 Grasshopper since 1992 with a grasshopper blower it works great. Recently I have purchased a S185 Bobcat and added a snowblower, this gives me total comfort even in the winds of Nebraska not to mention I havent found a drift it dosen't just play with!

Impressive machines!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

metz12

metz12

I personally wouldnt put a plow on a zero turn, i just got one for my craftsman tractor. since they are such expensive machines, i wouldnt want to use it during the snow

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I personally wouldnt put a plow on a zero turn, i just got one for my craftsman tractor. since they are such expensive machines, i wouldnt want to use it during the snow

I would feel more comfortable using a mower for plowing that has a front-mounted mower deck so I could easily take it off (like the 2nd picture in post #13) and replace it with the plow, compared to one that you would keep the deck on (mid-mount) and put the plow in front of it (like in post #1). I would be afraid the snow would mess up the mower deck/blades. I borrowed some previous post's pictures to demonstrate.
front-mount.jpg mid mount.jpg

H

Hustling

Old thread but but it is the time of year ... yes use he Z for plowing snow - you paid a lot for it and you won't hurt it. I have for several years.

H

Hustling

Here is a pic of the plow. Home made bracket.. swisher plow from Tractor Supply Company. I plow mine and many of my neighbors for the past 4 years. I do use chains. Plows like a beast. Hustler Mini Z 1,000lbs plus me over 1,300 over drive tires.

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Here is a pic of the plow. Home made bracket.. swisher plow from Tractor Supply Company. I plow mine and many of my neighbors for the past 4 years. I do use chains. Plows like a beast. Hustler Mini Z 1,000lbs plus me over 1,300 over drive tires.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

OUTDOOR CONCEPTS

OUTDOOR CONCEPTS

CleanSweep

If you have a Grasshopper and your not using a broom then your missing out! They are amazing on sidewalks for businesses and drives that do not need a snow plow! Check em out!

gfp55

gfp55

Its been some time now since you started you thread. Are you still happy with the plow on your ZTR? Have you had any problems with your unit? Tell us more now the time has past. Thanks

jay stortini

jay stortini

Ya I am thinking about putting a plow blade on my ZT this winter to do my residential property's.

N

Notchy

Bringing back up an old thread.
I am purchasing a Toro TimeCutter SS4225
or TimeCutter SS4250 and want to buy an aftermarket snow blade for it.
Does anyone have input on if this can handle pushing snow? Live close to Buffalo, to give you an idea of the winter snow fall.

Ida-Boy

Ida-Boy

Bringing back up an old thread.
I am purchasing a Toro TimeCutter SS4225
or TimeCutter SS4250 and want to buy an aftermarket snow blade for it.
Does anyone have input on if this can handle pushing snow? Live close to Buffalo, to give you an idea of the winter snow fall.

I have a Grasshopper 725 gas with a blade. Have used it both winter and summer pushing snow and dirt here at my place, and since 2001 I have only reversed the blades edge once. I have also replaced the runners on the back side of the blade. In my opinion it kicks some serious butt. I do have 2 snow blowers in case I am unable to do the drive. My wife and daughter can't run the ZTM so if I am sick they use the blowers.
I have had 30 ton of dirt over the years and leveled it out with my mower and blade. Best money I spent but at 62 it is getting a bit rough to change over each season.
Hope this helps.

N

Notchy

I have a Grasshopper 725 gas with a blade. Have used it both winter and summer pushing snow and dirt here at my place, and since 2001 I have only reversed the blades edge once. I have also replaced the runners on the back side of the blade. In my opinion it kicks some serious butt. I do have 2 snow blowers in case I am unable to do the drive. My wife and daughter can't run the ZTM so if I am sick they use the blowers.
I have had 30 ton of dirt over the years and leveled it out with my mower and blade. Best money I spent but at 62 it is getting a bit rough to change over each season.
Hope this helps.

thanks @Ida-Boy with the feedback but that is a big mower and not in the same category as the Toro SS timecutters I mentioned. Grasshopper is much bigger then the toro i was referring to.

does any one else have any experience with the type of transmission on the Toro ZTR mower?