Snakes Alive!!!

Hand2ThePlow

Threads
I want to know what kind of septic system uses 3" pipe!

What's so unusual about 3" pipe for a septic system? 4" from the house to the first tank (we have 3 seperate tanks), 3" between the tanks and from the tanks to the leach field and 3" perf in the leach field.

Just courious, what do they use in your area?

mystreba

Threads
Just courious, what do they use in your area?

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the original post and get it off topic. 3" makes sense for effluent between tanks, but I've just never seen anything less than 4" for the field. Did you put your own system in? Big job for DIY.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Could I make a suggestion that you start a thread in The Front Porch for the septic system stuff ?

BlueGrass

Threads
My boys would be having a field day at your house. They love to hunt bugs, frogs, snakes and all kinds of weird things. We don't have snake problems but we do have other critter problems that we are slowly getting rid of.

JimmyWeb

Threads
I just moved into my new house in VA and I saw a black snake in my wood pile yesterday. I didn't think anything of it though, they're harmless to humans, but great for killing mice!:smile:

Non-venomous snakes are very important to have around. They feed on rodents and pests, that might otherwise tear up your yard/garden. If you don't want them, I'll take them! I need a little pest control.:smile: