Repairs Small leak under transmission after first use of LTX 1046 KW

Chosen

Threads
  • / Small leak under transmission after first use of LTX 1046 KW
Hello! I bought this mower from the first owner, but it had never been used. I ran it for one hour a few days ago. Today I noticed a small amount of red fluid under the transmission. In the manual it says that the transmission is sealed and will not need fluid. I am concerned about a small leak after an hour! Especially if there is no way to add fluid.

For those of you who will say "Take it back to the dealer for work under warranty", I don't think the second buyer is covered under warranty, even if the mower was never used by the first owner.

Thoughts? Advice? Has any second owner had any luck getting work done under warranty?

Thanks!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It depends on the company. I can't say about Cub Cadet. Most companies warranty the unit not the customer. It's worth a phone call to a servicing dealer to find out.

snapsstorer

Threads
another thing you may check is sometimes the housing bolts may not be tight enough. also i read the post you had about the clearance between the mower deck. sorry you had to run into something like that reply. there are many of us on here that try to assist others, and without the sarcasim you had with that person.

Chosen

Threads
another thing you may check is sometimes the housing bolts may not be tight enough. also i read the post you had about the clearance between the mower deck. sorry you had to run into something like that reply. there are many of us on here that try to assist others, and without the sarcasim you had with that person.

Thank you for your gracious reply. I believe that most people on most forums are kind and helpful.

BTW, it seems that the leak has stopped, but I'll check the housing bolts if it ever starts again!

Here's a hint for those who are getting frustrated with the poor design of the mulch plate for this machine...I took a couple of short pieces of aluminum door threshold minus the rubber, drilled a hole in one end large enough to take the bolts that hold the grass deflector on. I bent the other end to match the curvature of the mulch plate, using a 1 inch dowel stick and a rubber mallet. I bolted the pieces down over the much plate and they hold it down quite nicely. It still leaks a little grass, but nothing like it did before the fix. Oh...I have unbolted the deflector because I want to be able to mow close to trees, etc. on both sides of the mower, but this fix works as well if you bolt the pieces under the deflector.