SLTX1054 will not start

superdave77

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got on my Cub Cadet 1054 to start it and it started, but since it hadn't been started in a while I turned it off to wheel it out of the garage it was blowing out a lot of smoke which is normal for it after over 300hrs.
So I went to start it again outside and heard a loud POW! Not sure if it was an electrical pow or mechanical one, right after turning the key. First thought was the dang start relay went out again. When I turned the key it wasn't even clicking, silence.
So after getting a new start relay and installing it, well I noticed the red wire coming out of the single fuse box the connector was broken. Looking at the schematic it looks like it goes to the start relay copper terminal that leads to positive battery side.
Trying to start I do get clicking now in the start relay but nothing on starter motor. If I put the red wire on the other copper term I get no clicking. Did I put the fuse wire on the right terminal? I kinda think I did but it won't crank. Not getting voltage on motor either. Fuse is good.

Any help appreciated!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Locate your manual above & see Troubleshooting Section.