Since Briggs owns Ferris......

rmccutchan

Forum Newbie
Threads
.....what do you expect for the future?

I grew up with Briggs and Stratton and never had any issues. Since I just purchased a brand new Ferris mower, I am hoping Briggs treats the company right.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When Briggs saw what happened to Tecumseh, the red lights started to flash.
Eventually every one will use Chinsses made engines doe to downward cost pressures.
So the answer is vertical integration .
This was very popular before the accountants with massive egos thought they could become managers.
So B&S now owns enough mower companies to ensure they will survive as a engine maker

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Briggs purchased Simplicity which also owned Ferris and Snapper. They also purchased the assets of Murray, but the Murrays and Snappers at Walmart are made by MTD and Husqvarna, but are required to use Briggs engines. The original Murray is now sold under the Brute name.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Briggs and Stratton must be doing something right seeing they have been making engines since 1908 and still going strong where other company's went out of business. If something takes the place of small gas engines they better which out. I guess time will tell how the new low maintenance engine makes out.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
.....what do you expect for the future?

I grew up with Briggs and Stratton and never had any issues. Since I just purchased a brand new Ferris mower, I am hoping Briggs treats the company right.

Ferris isn't going anywhere. Still a quality mower and consumers can purchase mowers with different engine options. The vanguard is one of the best commercial engines on the market. The kawasaki and and kohler efi engines are also available options for some of their models. I own a 2012 snapper pro s150xt with an fx series kawasaki that I purchased in 2012. It is a great mower. If and when I ever decide to trade for a new mower it will most likely be a ferris. A more comfortable ride is going to get more important as I get older.

rmccutchan

Forum Newbie
Threads
A more comfortable ride is going to get more important as I get older.

That is one thing that kept me coming back to Ferris in my research. I really like the idea of suspension. Even though the front of the 700Z isn't independent suspension, springs and shocks on all four corners definitely has to be a plus!! I had two Toro Proline's with sulkies, and a Toro Groundsmaster, and all three of them would beat the hell out of me. I really didn't feel like weed-eating after the mowing was done. I'm really looking forward to this Ferris.