Simplicity Regent PTO issue

restorick2378

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,

I have a vintage Regent model 1693528 (15hp Command, 38" deck, hydro). Went to get her going this spring and she cranks and starts, but not without some cajoling. Turns out the deck PTO cannot be turned off. Engine will still crank and start.

Once I get her going, she runs great and cuts perfectly. It even stops when I have it running and I get off the seat.

Appreciate any suggestions on what to look for. Machine has sentimental value and I'd like to keep it in the stable as long as I can.

Thanks!
Rick

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like someone has monkeyed with the wiring. Should not activate starter with the PTO switched on.
1682343375079.png

restorick2378

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like someone has monkeyed with the wiring. Should not activate starter with the PTO switched on.
View attachment 64066
Nothing has been touched. Machine has worked well in the past. I'm going to test the ignition switch see if that helps.

One thing I forgot to mention in the original post is that when I hit the key and the engine cranks, it will remain cranking for a few seconds after I release the key. Because the PTO is engaged it's leading me to believe the ignition is failing.