Export thread

Simplicity Hubcaps (Baby Moons)

WVSNAPPER

WVSNAPPER

Hi all. I have just got a 1990 Simplicity GTH lawn tractor from my father-in-law that has the 12" rear rim size. After measuring the second lip of the rim it is 10". So does this mean a set of 10" baby moon hubcaps is what I need? Just asking as this looks like where the inside clips of the caps would have to fit. I have attached a couple of pictures as to see the rear rims... I appreciate any opinions. I have a chance to but a pair of 10" Simplicity OEM #1690181 hubcaps (moons) for this tractor. Thanks in advance for any replies.......

Attachments

WVSNAPPER

WVSNAPPER

Wow ..... I must be outta touch as I have never seen these. Thanks for the info. Pricey ???

WVSNAPPER

WVSNAPPER

Hello again after going out to the garage after a little thought here this is what I got. My rear tire size is 23X10.50 so is this a 10" or a 12" rim?? I should already know this but I've always owned Snappers and am new to these larger rims... Thanks again for the help... Big dummy from West Virginia (LOL)....

WVSNAPPER

WVSNAPPER

Ok.... Got it figured out it is a 12" rim on the back. Thanks anyway everyone......

Boobala

Boobala

Ok.... Got it figured out it is a 12" rim on the back. Thanks anyway everyone......

If your TIRE size reads out 23 x ** x ** then you have a GARDEN TRACTOR with 23inch wheels !

for instance : a 23 x 10.50 x 12 tire ... fits a 23 inch high tire which is 10 1/2 inches wide that fits a wheel 12 inches in diameter

WVSNAPPER

WVSNAPPER

If your TIRE size reads out 23 x ** x ** then you have a GARDEN TRACTOR with 23inch wheels !

LOL.... I am having one of those gray hair nights for sure here... And yes you would be right LOL ... They are 12X10.50 Tires.. Thanks for the reply.. Now that would be a big rim wouldn't it ...Thanks my friend for your replies. At least I might get a few laughs from the forum here this evening. Take care ....

WVSNAPPER

WVSNAPPER

OK last post this evening. After yet another trip to the garage the official tire size on my Simplicity is 23X10.50X12.... So yes it is a 12" rim on the rear. Good night all ......

Boo- Are you serious with these 'things' ? :laughing: :thumbdown:

That Simplicity deserves proper moons.

BlazNT

BlazNT

Hi all. I have just got a 1990 Simplicity GTH lawn tractor from my father-in-law that has the 12" rear rim size. After measuring the second lip of the rim it is 10". So does this mean a set of 10" baby moon hubcaps is what I need? Just asking as this looks like where the inside clips of the caps would have to fit. I have attached a couple of pictures as to see the rear rims... I appreciate any opinions. I have a chance to but a pair of 10" Simplicity OEM #1690181 hubcaps (moons) for this tractor. Thanks in advance for any replies.......

You buy hubcaps for the size rim it is not what it measures. Baby moons incluied.

Boobala

Boobala

Personally, I ...... would install DUALLY'S .... :thumbsup: ..:laughing:..:laughing:

He has a 12 in. wheel according to what he said ....... so far, it may change by lunch !! ..:confused2:

WVSNAPPER

WVSNAPPER

Personally, I ...... would install DUALLY'S .... :thumbsup: ..:laughing:..:laughing:

He has a 12 in. wheel according to what he said ....... so far, it may change by lunch !! ..:confused2:

LOL ... I just got the tractor Wed. evening after not seeing it for over 15 years.. Cut me some slack till I get this sorted out my friend .... :mur:

WVSNAPPER

WVSNAPPER

Yea I agree... I believe that's what I think I'm going with... Especially since I have a chance to get all 4 in Simplicity OEM's. Thanks for the reply....:smile::smile:

WVSNAPPER

WVSNAPPER

for instance : a 23 x 10.50 x 12 tire ... fits a 23 inch high tire which is 10 1/2 inches wide that fits a wheel 12 inches in diameter

Gottcha my friend... I got it figured out now... Appreciate the replies and help here......:smile::smile::smile:

WVSNAPPER

WVSNAPPER

You buy hubcaps for the size rim it is not what it measures. Baby moons incluied.

Hello and thanks for the reply. I finally got it all figured out. Appreciate the follow up my friend ....

Yea I agree... I believe that's what I think I'm going with... Especially since I have a chance to get all 4 in Simplicity OEM's. Thanks for the reply....:smile::smile:

:thumbsup: That's the ticket...

Boobala

Boobala

:thumbsup: That's the ticket...

my-sarcasm-is-out-of-control-and-i-dont-want-to-hurt-your-feelings-45efd.png

attachment.php

:laughing: That's a good one Boo.