Export thread

Side-hill problem

G

geggle

I put this in another thread so maybe more people will see it......Have a 20hp MTGHS which had a elect problem that is now fixed. It also had a carb problem. I sent it in and they rebuilt carb, etc. It runs fine until I am on a side hill with the right side being the downhill side. It then eventually loses power like it's starved for fuel. When I change attitude (turn up/down hill) it revs right back up. This does not seem to occur when on a Left-side down side hill. Does this sound like a float level problem?

D

doomer33

I put this in another thread so maybe more people will see it......Have a 20hp MTGHS which had a elect problem that is now fixed. It also had a carb problem. I sent it in and they rebuilt carb, etc. It runs fine until I am on a side hill with the right side being the downhill side. It then eventually loses power like it's starved for fuel. When I change attitude (turn up/down hill) it revs right back up. This does not seem to occur when on a Left-side down side hill. Does this sound like a float level problem?

I have the same issue- any thoughts??

BlazNT

BlazNT

Ok create your own thread. Include the model number and engine model. Brief description of your problems.

B

bertsmobile1

yes you are quite correct.
Two alternatives.
fit a diaphragm carby . Tillotsen will make one that will fit
or
modify the way you mow the grass.

Always remember that the oil also is affected by gravity and if you run along a slope for too long the oil pump can also end up pumping air not oil which is not particularly good for the mower either.