Export thread

Service manual gtx 16

T

tlavergne

Does anyone know if there is a service manual for a 1996 Troy-bilt GTX 16? Not the owners manual but an actual service repair manual. What model Bolens would I look for if I needed to go that route...Bolens durotrac?
Thanks. Trying to learn this machine...

B

bertsmobile1

Yep Durotrac is the way to go .
Think it is the same one 16Hp to 20Hp.
The Bloens owners web forum has a download link for it if Google does not do it for you.

T

tlavergne

Thank you...

T

tlavergne

Can anyone direct me to the Bolens Service manual? I've looked and looked and can't find it.

Boobala

Boobala

Can anyone direct me to the Bolens Service manual? I've looked and looked and can't find it.

Your Troy-Bilt is an MTD product ( along with many others) if you post more relevant info, (see example)
ie. (Troy-Bilt Pony, or Bronco etc. ) try looking under the seat, for a label, engine info. should be on the engine itself .

GET INFO.JPG

MTD used to have manuals on THEIR site, but recently let a third party take that segment over, still some guys may have the info. you're needing, or a link to where to get it.

T

tlavergne

This tractor was made before MTD took over...they were made by Garden Way who I believe also built Bolens at the time, but I get your point for the search. I know all of the info about my tractor, I am just not sure where to find it. Although I think I just found it under the heading, "Product Guide". Thanks...

B

bertsmobile1

You should find it here http://www.mytractorforum.com/305-bolens-tractor-manuals/.
There are 3 pages of Bolens manuals.
Otherwise sign up to My Tractor Forum and do a search there.
The Durotrac was really a sub-compact tractor rather than a lawn mower.
I service one and was sold on it the very first time I touched it.
Down side is they run real transmissions and Eatons stopped servicing them decades ago so parts can be a problem.
If that does not do it for you try searching with this "78590-Bolens_5100_Series_Duratrac_Tractors_Service_Repair_Workshop_Manual_Model_5117h_Dgt1700_5118h_Gt1800_5120h_Gt2000.pdf"
That brought up a dozen or so likley prospects.
Also GT Forum has a large Bolens manuals section http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&andor_type=&sid=e7dc400351ebd575cd0a44529ce1ed14&search_app_filters[downloads][searchInKey]=files&search_app_filters[downloads][files][sortKey]=date&search_term=bolens&search_app=downloads&st=50

T

tlavergne

Thanks. I did find the manual. Will read it for general knowledge. I appreciate the info from you very much, again...thanks.