Export thread

Semi Restore Sears Suburban

rer

rer

Well I thought it through and I think it is worth the effort and cash.
So I purchased a piston, rings, a complete engine gasket set, and two cans of Rust-Oleum.
As of today I pressure washed the 1/4 -2 inches of oily dirt from the chassis, removed and painted the rear fenders back to the yellow they once were.

As soon as I get my parts the motor will be reassembled, hopefully run another half century.

Craigslist can be a real bummer. Buy something cheap not knowing You will have to spend $100 the next week. Not the first time.:frown:

I will try to get to pictures tomorrow.

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

Well I thought it through and I think it is worth the effort and cash.
So I purchased a piston, rings, a complete engine gasket set, and two cans of Rust-Oleum.
As of today I pressure washed the 1/4 -2 inches of oily dirt from the chassis, removed and painted the rear fenders back to the yellow they once were.

As soon as I get my parts the motor will be reassembled, hopefully run another half century.

Craigslist can be a real bummer. Buy something cheap not knowing You will have to spend $100 the next week. Not the first time.:frown:

I will try to get to pictures tomorrow.
yea, good idea, before and after pictures.....

rer

rer

Here are some before pictures. No bad piston pics yet.

Attachments

rer

rer

Well the rear fenders and under-seat storage bin are on there third coat of sunburst yellow:cool2:.
I am still debating on repainting the frame yellow or leaving it green for a John Deere kind of look. As soon as parts come I will reassemble the Wisconsin and apply some yellow engine paint to match the fenders. I will try to post pictures later tonight b/c my camera is charging.

Any suggestions about the paint scheme will be Greatly appreciated. Also any custom designs or lettering I should add.:anyone:

twall

twall

The orange/white one displays the starter setup I mentioned, and the yellow/white one is what yours should look like. I think yellow and green would look tacky on that thing.......

Attachments

twall

twall

....and that's not the original engine on yours........a hood won't fit......and the tank is supposed to be either under the seat, or just in front of the steering wheel.......that'd be why there's no hood...:wink:

twall

twall

And that attachment on the front is called a Johnny Bucket Jr. (Yes, that's a link to it........:wink:)

rer

rer

Yes I wish a hood would fit, but I'm thinking of making one out of diamond plate aluminum.
Yes I wish I had a Johnny bucket.

here is a picture of a picture.

Attachments

rer

rer

And the moment you have all been waiting for Pictures:drink:
Although not as many as you might have wanted. Here is the old piston, bad governer, and the bore. And look how clean the tractor is.:biggrin:

Attachments

I

ihc_444

Love all the pictures, I have my Dad's '76 ST16, still runs pretty well but the pulleys to the mower need to be aligned, so I gave up and removed the deck. Does anyone have one of the front end loaders for them. That's what I always wanted as a kid.

rer

rer

Can you post a pic of the 76? I would like to see it. It might give me a better idea. Also what do the numbers mean on the shift patten sticker? Ratios? Speed?

I also have a newer snow plow I was thinking of making into a bucket. Mostly because there is no snow here, but plenty of dirt. LoL

rer

rer

Well the gasket set and rings arrived early this morning. But still no piston:thumbdown:
I am ready to get her back together and go plow:biggrin:

rer

rer

Well I just finished rebuilding the Wisconsin. Tomorrow I will re mount it and give it a pull.
It should run like a top. The new piston fits like a custom tailored glove.:goodnight:

mystreba

mystreba

Anxiously awaiting results and more pics...

rer

rer

Happy Easter Everyone. Well the results are Good. She runs like a lathe turned top. I plowed another little garden at a few rpms above idle. I haven't bolted up the fenders yet due to lack of paint on the frame but it will get some real soon.

Attachments

rer

rer

pictures.:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:.:biggrin:

Piston, filing the head, and the semi finished project.

Attachments

rer

rer

A little more paint and shes done.

Attachments

I

ihc_444

Sorry I didn't get the pictures of mine up but this site has a great archive of picts for the older sears tractors.

newsuburban

I think the numbers are ground speed per gear.