Self-propelling drive feature is constantly on on my Huskvana LC 19SP

Tp86

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Self-propelling drive feature is constantly on on my Huskvana LC 19SP
Hi all. My family was complaining that the self-propelling drive feature on my Huskvana LC 19SP was not engaging. The handle for operating the bowden cable was very stiff and wouldn't move the whole way to engage the clutch

In order to try fix this, I cleaned out the mover using the water attachment and let it run for several minutes and then I used my air compressor to try clean off all the grass I could that could be interfering with the sprints and pulleys. I took off many of the plastic covers during this process. I also applied some pressure with my hand to the part that connects to the bowden end on the inside of the blade compartment.

One of these things I did above seem to have changed something as now the self-propelling drive feature is constantly engaged. I tried putting opposite pressure on the plastic part that connects to the bowden end inside bade compartment to alleviate pressure, but the drive feature is still engaged (I tested not with the mower on but by spinning the blade around when alleviating pressure and the wheels still moved). It makes me think there must be something wrong in that clutch engage plastic box. I have yet to open that box as there is one screw that looks as if I need to remove both the wheels and several parts to get access.

Does anyone by any chance have any experience with the mower (or similar self-propelling mower) that could give me some diagnostic advice? Thanks very much in advance
Tom P

I have posted all photos on this link as the website didnt let me upload them as they were too large
Update: I just noticed on this video they remove the part that holds the tension by pressing in some tabs. That mower sort of looks similar to mine so I'll give that a go in the morning. Im not sure if I can release the cable end metal cylinder though as theres too much tension video Im referring to
(fast forwarded to part with clip release procedure)

Last edited:

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Hi all. My family was complaining that the self-propelling drive feature on my Huskvana LC 19SP was not engaging. The handle for operating the bowden cable was very stiff and wouldn't move the whole way to engage the clutch

In order to try fix this, I cleaned out the mover using the water attachment and let it run for several minutes and then I used my air compressor to try clean off all the grass I could that could be interfering with the sprints and pulleys. I took off many of the plastic covers during this process. I also applied some pressure with my hand to the part that connects to the bowden end on the inside of the blade compartment.

One of these things I did above seem to have changed something as now the self-propelling drive feature is constantly engaged. I tried putting opposite pressure on the plastic part that connects to the bowden end inside bade compartment to alleviate pressure, but the drive feature is still engaged (I tested not with the mower on but by spinning the blade around when alleviating pressure and the wheels still moved). It makes me think there must be something wrong in that clutch engage plastic box. I have yet to open that box as there is one screw that looks as if I need to remove both the wheels and several parts to get access.

Does anyone by any chance have any experience with the mower (or similar self-propelling mower) that could give me some diagnostic advice? Thanks very much in advance
Tom P

I have posted all photos on this link as the website didnt let me upload them as they were too large
Sounds like your belt, cable, or gear box are hanging up. Some of your text was hard to understand due to different terms or spelling. Only thing I can tell you is to lubricate self-propelled cable with red straw into cable sheath. Check for points where pulleys or belt are rubbing, etc.

Bertrrr

Threads
You'll need to pull the cable off completely, Pull it tight around a round surface back and forth to break up the rust inside the cable sheath - you should be able to free up the inner cable and lube it up with some penetrant and or grease.

Tp86

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply guys. I am not too sure how I can detach the cable as one end has a bent metal locking cylinder (can see in photo) and the other place it attaches seems to be fully enclosed in hard plastic. I can't see any way I could dislodge it get to the next stage of pulling the cable back and forth to try free it up. Any ideas?

I attached multiple photos in single gallary

Last edited:

Tp86

Forum Newbie
Threads
I managed to improvise by gradually loosening up the cable within the sheath without taking off the cable (I couldnt figure out how to remove it) It now seems to have loosened up. My only concern is it gets stuck again while I have the mower in self propel mode and it causes a serious accident. If I have to Ill just order a new cable