Export thread

Seal for fuel shutoff?

P

parkboy

Where can I get a replacement seal/O ring for the fuel shutoff petcock on my Lawn-Boy 5024?

Parkboy

cpurvis

cpurvis

Most auto supply stores carry O-rings.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

:thumbsup: What he said.
They come in little kits usually and then just pick out the right size one,.....

R

Rivets

Are you sure you need a seal or o-ring. They don't show up on a parts breakdown. Most of the older unit had a screw-in peacock.

L

Lawnboy77

Yes that would be an o-ring and yes the auto parts store is a good source for those o-rings. You can see the green o-ring underneath the hex nut in this pic. This particular valve is the one on my late 60's edger that I restored last year. The pitcock does unscrew from the assembly and that's how you access the o-ring.

Attachments

F

Fragger

our local ACE store carrys individual o rings do no thave to buy a kit..:thumbsup: Thank you
:thumbsup: What he said.
They come in little kits usually and then just pick out the right size one,.....

P

parkboy

our local ACE store carrys individual o rings do no thave to buy a kit..:thumbsup: Thank you

What a great forum - all you gotta do is ask and people are always willing to help! I have O rings, but the remains of the original looked like it was fiber. I thought maybe fuel would eat a rubber ring up, but obviously not.

Thanks to everyone who responded!

Parkboy