Export thread

SCAG Tiger Cub Spindle Assembly

T

tony75

Have a SCAG Tiger Cub
Model# STC48A-19KA
Serial#: 9257108

spindle.jpg

I need to replace the spindle of the spindle assembly. There is a 1 9/16" / 39mm nut on the bottom of the assembly. There is not enough clearance between the spindle housing wall and the nut itself to fit a standard socket in there to remove the nut.

Is there a thin walled socket someone could recommend or some trick anyone knows of in order to remove this nut?

My SCAG dealer says they never take apart the assemblies to replace a shaft, they just replace the entire assembly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

BlazNT

BlazNT

Time to make your own. I use a grinder and a drill with the socket attached to the drill. I run the drill and grind down the socket till it fits in the whole I need it to. I normally buy cheap tools for this.

jekjr

jekjr

Pull the complete assembly off. Rebuild it on the table and then put it back in.

T

tony75

Pull the complete assembly off. Rebuild it on the table and then put it back in.

I do have the complete assembly off...I need to get the nut off at the bottom of the assembly.

jekjr

jekjr

I do have the complete assembly off...I need to get the nut off at the bottom of the assembly.

You might can hold it in a vise and take a cold chisel and a hammer and tap it an back it off that way. I can't remember but it might be left handed also.