Export thread

RZT 48 won't climb small upgrade

R

redace63

I have a RZT 48 that is 3-4 years old and it runs perfectly but slows down and stops on an upgrade in my yard. I'd appreciate any help with solving this. Thanks

M

motoman

What stops? The engine or the tractor?

BlazNT

BlazNT

Replace your drive belt.

RudyP

RudyP

Check/adjust the belt tensioner if possible, check the hydro fluid level, replace belt if needed. Your rzt probably has the EZ2200 tranny and if it has been subjected to a lot of slope mowing it may be toast by now as these are really weak units that are non serviceable & heat up fast when subjected to any inclines. Good luck.

BlazNT

BlazNT

Check/adjust the belt tensioner if possible, check the hydro fluid level, replace belt if needed. Your rzt probably has the EZ2200 tranny and if it has been subjected to a lot of slope mowing it may be toast by now as these are really weak units that are non serviceable & heat up fast when subjected to any inclines. Good luck.

Do not listen to this. I have these drives and have put them through heck and back at right around 1000 hours and not a single problem. Commercial mowing for 3 years. Someone on this forum has 3000 hours on 4 of them. Change the drive belt.