RYOBI GENERATOR

davemudge1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good Morning, I have a RYOBI 6500 Watt generator, RY906500S / 099930624, generator seems to start and run well until I put a load on it. Then it stalls, backfires and goes into
a complete freak out until I remove the load. I have used this machine for about a year with no problem. Any Ideas as to what may be causing the problem? By the way, it has a CO2 monitor
that was blinking. However the machine is outdoors under cover.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Unplug the CO monitor and then retry. Just worked on one a couple weeks ago were the CO monitor was preventing starting, backfiring to the point of shooting flames out the muffler and had swelled the muffler housing dislodging the internal baffles. and on occasion would shoot flames out of the carb.

davemudge1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your advice. I did just that, disconnected the co2 monitor, but the problem remained. The engine runs fine with no load. I plugged in a LED work light and it worked fine.
Tried to start a 120V 1/4 hp motor and the generator didn't like that. It misfired, backfired, belched and burped and generally freaked out. Engine almost died. Disconnect the load and the engine (eventually) comes back to normal. Any idea of what else it might be?

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Thanks for your advice. I did just that, disconnected the co2 monitor, but the problem remained. The engine runs fine with no load. I plugged in a LED work light and it worked fine.
Tried to start a 120V 1/4 hp motor and the generator didn't like that. It misfired, backfired, belched and burped and generally freaked out. Engine almost died. Disconnect the load and the engine (eventually) comes back to normal. Any idea of what else it might be?
How many hours on meter? Possibly the valves need to be checked and set.