Ryobi 401180 40V lawnmower.

TiredRetired

Threads
After all our new landscaping I have now reduced the walk behind mower time from 35 minutes to around 10 minutes. So, I decided to sell my venerable old 2003 lawn boy 2 stroker and send it to a home where it will be happier. I will miss the old girl, but time to move on.

So as the title indicates I have decided to take a chance and get a cordless electric lawnmower that is much lighter than the old LB and easier for this old fart to handle and not have to pull a rope starter anymore. The old shoulder Bursitis did not like the recoil starter. Pushing a button to start like my pickup is right up my alley these days. LOL.

So, to my question, can I hose out the underside of the mower deck like I used to do after every mowing with a garden hose. I can see what I believe to be an electric motor attached to a shaft that powers the rear wheels. I do not want to assume the motor is sealed and waterproof which it must be to withstand a direct spray with a hose.

As an experiment trying out the new mower I was able to mow for 45 minutes, 13,000 square feet all using self propel on fairly level ground. 6 AH battery.

I read somewhere Ryobi 40V batteries are LifePo4, however I have been unable to confirm. Does anyone know for sure? They are certainly heavy enough to be LifePo4.

Thank you and sorry for the long post. Cheers.

Charlie8d

Threads
After all our new landscaping I have now reduced the walk behind mower time from 35 minutes to around 10 minutes. So, I decided to sell my venerable old 2003 lawn boy 2 stroker and send it to a home where it will be happier. I will miss the old girl, but time to move on.

So as the title indicates I have decided to take a chance and get a cordless electric lawnmower that is much lighter than the old LB and easier for this old fart to handle and not have to pull a rope starter anymore. The old shoulder Bursitis did not like the recoil starter. Pushing a button to start like my pickup is right up my alley these days. LOL.

So, to my question, can I hose out the underside of the mower deck like I used to do after every mowing with a garden hose. I can see what I believe to be an electric motor attached to a shaft that powers the rear wheels. I do not want to assume the motor is sealed and waterproof which it must be to withstand a direct spray with a hose.

As an experiment trying out the new mower I was able to mow for 45 minutes, 13,000 square feet all using self propel on fairly level ground. 6 AH battery.

I read somewhere Ryobi 40V batteries are LifePo4, however I have been unable to confirm. Does anyone know for sure? They are certainly heavy enough to be LifePo4.

Thank you and sorry for the long post. Cheers.
Yes, do not allow water, wet grass to get on this mower.