Export thread

Ryobi 4 cycle power head(using pole saw attachment) tries to go dead.

S

scottyboy24

Please help! This little RYOBI S430,4 cycle engine cranks and runs great until you tilt it upward to cut small limbs off of a tree. I have checked what I initially thought it may be to make sure the fuel tank hose was not coming out of the fuel when tilted but that's not the case. I don't know what else to look into? Any ideas? Thx!

B

bertsmobile1

Usually this will be a crack in the fuel pick up line .
And mostly it is just where it goes through the grommet.

S

scottyboy24

Usually this will be a crack in the fuel pick up line .
And mostly it is just where it goes through the grommet.

Thanks a bunch! That sounds like you nailed it! I will check it today and let you know, but since it only happens when tilted I think you;re right. I thought about making sure the end of the hose was not coming out of the fuel but didn't think about a cracked line. duh! Thanks for your help!

BlazNT

BlazNT

Also seeing it is a 4 cycle it could be you are tilting it to where the oil is too low in the chamber making it turn off to save the engine. I would never buy a 4 cycle trimmer. Just not designed to keep oil where it will lubracate the unit.

S

scottyboy24

Also seeing it is a 4 cycle it could be you are tilting it to where the oil is too low in the chamber making it turn off to save the engine. I would never buy a 4 cycle trimmer. Just not designed to keep oil where it will lubracate the unit.

Just wanted to let you know that fixed it. Replaced the line and the filter cut a bunch of limbs down, now somethings wrong with the dang pull start rope!
The rope itself is not broke but it just pulls out and goes back in w/o turning the engine over. So I guess the crankshaft or whatever you call it is broken on the inside?
Any tips for the easiest way to get at it??
I am off now to find a schematic to see how it comes apart.
Thx!

BlazNT

BlazNT

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/ry...-parts-c-7931_15633_129989.html#repair_videos
Try the video for repairing the starter. It is not the exact same but very similar.