Export thread

rust proof the deck

173abn

173abn

took the deck off and took the blades off then took the spindels off and cleaned the underside off with a wirewheel down to bare metal.I then treated the area with a rustproof preventer I bought at O'Riley.Went to my Grasshopper dealer and bought new kelvar belts and a new skirt.I plan to put new grease sirks on the spindels and check the others on the tractor unit.To make my grease maint. easier I also bought an air powered grease gun.I also got an air ratchet.taking the blades and spindels off with it was a breeze,should've bought one yrs. ago.when it warms up enough plan to finish up the under side of the deck with E-Zslide. also plan to clean up the kubota diesel with degreeser.want everything working good and looking pretty come mowing time.can't wait. russ

E

EverGreen

Sounds like you have been busy. I'm not that diligent when it comes to maintaining my machines. I try to keep them in good shape but life gets busy sometimes and I push things aside that I shouldn't.

Reubenjet

Reubenjet

took the deck off and took the blades off then took the spindels off and cleaned the underside off with a wirewheel down to bare metal.I then treated the area with a rustproof preventer I bought at O'Riley.Went to my Grasshopper dealer and bought new kelvar belts and a new skirt.I plan to put new grease sirks on the spindels and check the others on the tractor unit.To make my grease maint. easier I also bought an air powered grease gun.I also got an air ratchet.taking the blades and spindels off with it was a breeze,should've bought one yrs. ago.when it warms up enough plan to finish up the under side of the deck with E-Zslide. also plan to clean up the kubota diesel with degreeser.want everything working good and looking pretty come mowing time.can't wait. russ

What "degreaser" did you use? I am wanting to clean my engine but with minimal use of water.

Drew

173abn

173abn

used the aerosol foam I bought at O'rielys.Also used the gel type.can't recall which worked better.also found that brake or carb cleaner works good...russ