Runs with foot on brake..Simplicity Regent 14HP Hydrostatic Transmission

lorileiw

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Runs with foot on brake..Simplicity Regent 14HP Hydrostatic Transmission
Last fall I blew out the headgasket and just got it fixed. It fires right up but if I let my foot off of the "clutch" it dies. It seems like an auto shut off issue and I have a feeling it might be my transmission release lever. Anyone know how to get to this without a lift or without dismantling the entire tractor. I have tools but am a little limited here.....

Any suggestions or advice would be GREATLY appreciated :)

Lori

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
More than likely the seat safety switch is bad or become disconnected. Your engine thinks no one is on the seat. Unplug the switch, clean the connections, and see what happens.

lorileiw

Forum Newbie
Threads
More than likely the seat safety switch is bad or become disconnected. Your engine thinks no one is on the seat. Unplug the switch, clean the connections, and see what happens.

I really want the safety switch disconnected anyway. There's a wire harness under my seat from the ignition.....do you know which wire I could disconnect to disable this?

Thanks for your help with this :)

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As a retired instructor, telling some how to disable a safety switch is something I can't do. Sorry.

lorileiw

Forum Newbie
Threads
As a retired instructor, telling some how to disable a safety switch is something I can't do. Sorry.

I can respect that :) Thank you again!