rough idle with my HRX217HXA

njitgrad

Forum Newbie
Threads

My 2011 HRX217HXA has a rough idle. See video I posted.
Any suggestions before I bring it in the shop?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
This Forums 'Pro from Dover' at least on Honda mowers is robert@honda.... He may catch this before he takes his short sabbatical.... He posted today that he will be absent for a while...

Your mower sounds as if it could use a carb cleaning... You might get by with just dumping something like sea foam into it .
you also "might" clean it out by running the engine rpm up and then applying full choke (block off the air intake)... That should pull anything in the fuel system through and leave it running smooth...
If not you will likely have to remove the carb and clean it proper...
:smile:KennyV

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nothing major like KennyV posted, carb needs a good clean out, which is better done off the engine.

Threads
It sounds like when mine is running out of gas! I would do what EngineMan and KennyV said, they know what they are talking about! I hope my mower never makes that sound!!

njitgrad

Forum Newbie
Threads
Okay, so I dropped the mower off at my local service center for a carb servicing. I just don't have the time to work on it myself. Should be done this week I think.

On a related subject, I am posting a video of my snowthrower that I just took out the shed this weekend since it was cold enough to run it. Its a Toro CCR 3650 (about 8 years old) and I'm wondering if it needs a carb servicing as well. I take it in for a tuneup ever 2-3 seasons (last one just before winter of 2011-2012) but it always sounds like it does in the video. I couldn't even start it with the pull cord...I had to start it via electronic ignition. Is this normal operation?

slammed

Threads
Okay, so I dropped the mower off at my local service center for a carb servicing. I just don't have the time to work on it myself. Should be done this week I think.

On a related subject, I am posting a video of my snowthrower that I just took out the shed this weekend since it was cold enough to run it. Its a Toro CCR 3650 (about 8 years old) and I'm wondering if it needs a carb servicing as well. I take it in for a tuneup ever 2-3 seasons (last one just before winter of 2011-2012) but it always sounds like it does in the video. I couldn't even start it with the pull cord...I had to start it via electronic ignition. Is this normal operation?

I would have it checked out to. Before it snows.

njitgrad

Forum Newbie
Threads
The repair shop said they would check it out again but it probably will operate like it does now for the rest of its life due to the ethanol in gas. He mentioned the possibility of reducing gummy deposits by ever so slightly enlarging the opening with a very tiny drill bit. Will follow up when they get back to me.

slammed

Threads
The repair shop said they would check it out again but it probably will operate like it does now for the rest of its life due to the ethanol in gas. He mentioned the possibility of reducing gummy deposits by ever so slightly enlarging the opening with a very tiny drill bit. Will follow up when they get back to me.

I would try to run the highest octane fuel in it first or start running additives in the fuel. There is stuff out there to help with the ethanol problem in gas.

possum

Threads
I would agree with the best gas one can find and some stabilizer on that snowblower. But first I would find me a better repair shop. Alot better.