Riding mower with Kohler won't turn over

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You guys are getting cranky.
Yes I am. Being a professional dealing with users that are so secretive makes nearly impossible to help them and it gets very aggravating. And with me having migraines weekly doesn't help. If wasn't for the data I collect because of this forum I would just call it quits completely. I have already pull back a lot in the last few days after being called a Parts Nazi.

I start researching the switch here as I had no data on it to begin with other than the Stens and JD pns. As you see I now have six cross to switches and I also have the make/ images and data tables for that switch and not that "for reference only" image. This will help the next time this comes up being used here in my shop.

Meanwhile I got a 4L60E to start tearing down today. I got figure out what caused it to stop pulling suddenly.

rklemm60

Threads
After doing the research the last 24 hrs on the switch posted here is the crosses. Note prefixes I use are usually are for the OEM of the PN.
View attachment 65753
Thank you so much! Do you suggest I order this JD-AM38227?
After doing the research the last 24 hrs on the switch posted here is the crosses. Note prefixes I use are usually are for the OEM of the PN.
View attachment 65753
Yes I am. Being a professional dealing with users that are so secretive makes nearly impossible to help them and it gets very aggravating. And with me having migraines weekly doesn't help. If wasn't for the data I collect because of this forum I would just call it quits completely. I have already pull back a lot in the last few days after being called a Parts Nazi.

I start researching the switch here as I had no data on it to begin with other than the Stens and JD pns. As you see I now have six cross to switches and I also have the make/ images and data tables for that switch and not that "for reference only" image. This will help the next time this comes up being used here in my shop.

Meanwhile I got a 4L60E to start tearing down today. I got figure out what caused it to stop pulling suddenly.
Thank you so much for researching this part that I gave you little or not enough information on.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well got some bad news for you. That white wire you connected to 12VDC just blew both of your ignition coils. On that CV20-Spec Number number unknown.

Scotts S2048
1689040759379.png

VegetiveSteam

Threads
It is true that you may have ruined both of your ignition modules and it's also true that you may not have. If your CV20 still has the original 24 584 01-S modules they are probably toast or at best have been compromised. A module that should have lasted the life of the engine will at best have a shortened life even if it still works today it may not work next week. If your CV20 has ever had the ignition modules replaced with the newer 24 584 45-S then they are probably fine as the new modules have a diode built in to them to lessen the possibility of damage to the modules from battery voltage inadvertently getting to them.

Did the red wire you used to send battery voltage to that white wire connect to the B terminal of the key switch?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Two threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.