rewiring 928d with 721d harness

alabama pat

Threads
Hi All,new member here.

I am doing a friend a favor and rewiring his 928d grasshopper.He had used the machine for an hour or so,and then washed the unit and put it away in the garage.An hour later he came home and hear the mower running in the garage.He attempted to shut the motor off but the key switch was already in the off position.He then smelled the wiring burning and disconnected the battery cable.
The wiring harness was melted into one hard mass and could not be salvaged,to include the motherboard in the instrument compartment.
He had a parts machine that he had taken several parts off of,but had not touched.I pulled the harness out of the parts machine,a 721d and I am attemping to rewire the 928d with it.I am running into a few issues with this project.The 721d harness does not have a wire system for the deck lift as the 928d does,but since the lift system on the 928d has not worked for some time that is no problem.I also have a white wire coming from the starter on the 928d ,yet there is no white wire in the lower end of the 721 harness.Any idea what the white wire does,and is it needed?
The alternater wires on the 721 are two blue wires and on the 928 they are red green and white.Anybody have a suggestions for me?

173abn

Threads
looks like the white goes to the motherboard,green goes to the light on the consel,blue goes to the relay...russ