revving up and down

rfcomm2k

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Tecumseh engine on a Troy Bilt Chipper. Do not have the model number handy but can update this later.

Starting is sometimes difficult but sometimes OK. Once it is warmed up and running it starts acting strange. Under no load the engine starts slowing down until it almost stalls, then slowly revs back up to operating speed. Motor has a 3 position choke and it acts this way in the full open and partial open positions. In full closed position it stalls completely.

Any suggestions?

briggs

Threads
I have a Tecumseh engine on a Troy Bilt Chipper. Do not have the model number handy but can update this later.

Starting is sometimes difficult but sometimes OK. Once it is warmed up and running it starts acting strange. Under no load the engine starts slowing down until it almost stalls, then slowly revs back up to operating speed. Motor has a 3 position choke and it acts this way in the full open and partial open positions. In full closed position it stalls completely.

Any suggestions?

needs a carb clean

Mike88se

Threads
I was thinking governor problem but I agree with Briggs. And I don't think governor problems would be a slow up and down.