Reverse button

glennsjr

Threads
Hello guys, Bought a JD E120 because I got a really good deal on it. It only had 11 hours on it. I converted it to a regular filter and it runs great ecept for the button you have to push to back up. I'm sure by now someone knows how to bypass that button?? Mind sharing your secret ?? Thanks

glennsjr

Threads
Hello guys, Bought a JD E120 because I got a really good deal on it. It only had 11 hours on it. I converted it to a regular filter and it runs great ecept for the button you have to push to back up. I'm sure by now someone knows how to bypass that button?? Mind sharing your secret ?? Thanks
Easy fix You Tube Thanks

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Glad you found your answer. Happy mowing and Please be careful when mowing in reverse.

D

Deleted member 97405

Find the switch that the reverse pedal linkage contacts and move the switch away so it never touches the linkage. DO NOT cut and twist the wires together for the button. This energizes a relay that is not intended to be continually energized and will eventually fail! PLUS moving the switch won't create any warranty issues since you're technically not 'modifying' anything.

Lil’Deere

Forum Newbie
Threads
Will, I’ve never heard that. Are you sure…lol, I had mine bypassed for 21 years without an issue. I have a new mower that I believe is going to convert to your recommendation! Thanks for the info!

bkeller500

Threads
put it back to normal. You will never forgive yourself if your wife, kid or grand child gets hurt when you are not around or busy doing something else. And if someone gets hurt the liability factor can be overwhelming. Now that you posted your question there is public record of you wanting to bypass that switch. Just get used to it. It's no big deal. Mow 10 times with the switch in place and it will seem very natural. Its just like your seat belt in your vehicle........click!

D

Deleted member 97405

If I hadn't encountered it a few times over the years, I wouldn't have posted the information. I'm glad you've had no issues!
Will, I’ve never heard that. Are you sure…lol, I had mine bypassed for 21 years without an issue. I have a new mower that I believe is going to convert to your recommendation! Thanks for the info!