Export thread

Residential Zero Turn Mowers

B

bklatt77

I am in the market for a new zero turn and have a budget around 3-4k. What is the best Zero turn for my money? I was looking at a cub cadet rzt l 54" with a 23hp kawasaki or 24hp kohler engine with a fabricated deck or a simplicity 27hp briggs with a 52" stamped deck with striper. Any thoughts? Am I looking at the right mowers or do I need to turn elsewhere? I am cutting about an acre and a half, pretty flat but a stripe in my grass is important to me.

T

tbarnett

I recently traded my Gravely ZT-42 for a Dixie Chopper Zee-2, Model 2348. Only used it a few times but I am very impressed.

E

edd

hustler raptor at 2799 with the thicker deck would be hard to beat in this category

B

Brucebotti

I've had the Toro MX5060 for a year now (32 hrs) and I love it. It is a high-end residential, low-end commercial mower. The main reasons I purchased it were:
- Kawasaki motor
- 50 " fabricated / welded deck
- Serviceable Hydro units (Zt-2800)

I mow 1 acre, and it gives a great cut. I see them selling now for $3,899.

Good luck in your search!

Bruce

djdicetn

djdicetn

I am in the market for a new zero turn and have a budget around 3-4k. What is the best Zero turn for my money? I was looking at a cub cadet rzt l 54" with a 23hp kawasaki or 24hp kohler engine with a fabricated deck or a simplicity 27hp briggs with a 52" stamped deck with striper. Any thoughts? Am I looking at the right mowers or do I need to turn elsewhere? I am cutting about an acre and a half, pretty flat but a stripe in my grass is important to me.

You asked......now you have 4 other recommendations(Gravely, Dixie Chopper, Hustler and Toro) to compare. Every one of these ZTR's are good quality machines and you will have to sort out the differences in components/build/price and decide which one best fits your need. With so many good ZTR's on the market to choose from that's the hard part!!!

W

wdrdoctor

Dixie Chopper Zee 2 !

Kwelhand

Kwelhand

I've SCAG Freedom Z, and I'm very impressed with its cut & build quality.
My local dealer sells 48" for $5k out the door.
It sits very low and felt like driving a high-end sport car.
Avoid CUB CADET, my cub ZTR failed because water got into the hydro gear and messed up...YMMV

D

ddbtdd

I'm a homeowner and I just spent the last 2 yrs looking and pricing zero turns. Had I not found the slightly used Snapper Pro I just bought ( which was a super deal) I was going to buy a Dixon Ultra52 or it's Husqvarna 5225 counterpart which is about the same mower just painted a different color. Each comes in a few different variations and these are entry level commercial grade mowers. They can be bought on sale for about $4299.00. Yes, you can spend less and get a decent ztr but I feel these Dixon/ Husqvarna give you the most bang for your buck! And remember, cash is king!

Vanousb

Vanousb

I would add exmark to the list as among the top choices. I went from cub to pioneer s series when i gained my 3 acre lawn and love it. Fast, clean cut, gtreat ride, and solid build. The quest s series is around 4k. E series is a less. Would also throw in pioneer e series at around 5k. I am an exmark guy because i feel they offer the best/most for the money spent. Around here, most commercial or serious mowers more often use exmarks. Others i am sure will say the same about thier choice. That said, there are about four or five comparable top end mower markers that will give you a commercial quality look around you price range. I really feel spending a little more on top end model zero turn is the way to go as an investment. They will last longer and perform better. I would personally get steel fabricated/ welded deck over stamped. Would also ride them to feel the difference before buying. Good luck. I found the conversations on thi side very helpful in deciding.

D

ddbtdd

Exmark is owned by Toro and the homeowner Exmarks are likely a variation of a Toro ZTR.
The Exmark E and S series are made for the consumer: wheel size, unibody construction, size of the hydros etc. not that they are bad but there is nothing substantial about them.
I would say the Dixon Ultra 52/Husqvarna with 22or 23 in wheels, 11 gauge frame, fabricated deck, 3100 or 3400 hydros and the ability to get a Kohler, Briggs or Kaw engine hands down gives you the most bang for your buck at around $4200.00

djdicetn

djdicetn

I'm a homeowner and I just spent the last 2 yrs looking and pricing zero turns. Had I not found the slightly used Snapper Pro I just bought ( which was a super deal) I was going to buy a Dixon Ultra52 or it's Husqvarna 5225 counterpart which is about the same mower just painted a different color. Each comes in a few different variations and these are entry level commercial grade mowers. They can be bought on sale for about $4299.00. Yes, you can spend less and get a decent ztr but I feel these Dixon/ Husqvarna give you the most bang for your buck! And remember, cash is king!

Yep, the Dixon Ultra 52 and Husqvarna(although I lean towards the M-ZT 52) are two more good quality ZTR's that compare well to the others being suggested in this price range.

S

SaraheeWilson

I have my own "John Derre Z335E 42 in. 20 HP" turn Mower. This is the best product in the market. You must buy this one.