Export thread

Removal of a flat tire

U

unkledude

Hello all,

I've got a flat tire on my lawn boy re8 rider. I tried to get the tire off, like with a car tire. Took off the clips and washers on each side now it won't budge. Now what???? :eek:

K

KennyV

Are you trying to remove the Tire from the Wheel?
OR the Wheel from the mower? :smile:KennyV

F

fastback

Same question??

Carscw

Carscw

Spray with some kind of lube or drip some oil on the shaft Take a chunk of 2x4 put on back side of wheel and hit with a good size hammer

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

W

wrx603

removal of wheel from axel? like above, use a 2x4 like a lever and a dead blow mallet.

removal of tire from rim? once its off the axel, just tip it over and stand on the tire (not the rim) on both sides -be careful not to fall- and the bead seal should let go...

U

unkledude

Sorry Gents,

It's removal of the wheel from the mower. I was going to take it up the road to the tire store and have them fix it but couldn't get it off. I used a pry bar, nothing, sprayed it with a loosening lubricant over the last few days, several times. We'll see :rolleyes: If worst comes to worst, I'll cut it off.

post as i go,

Newman

txzrider

txzrider

good luck with taking it up the road... I cant find a single place that will repair a flat mower tire.

midnite rider

midnite rider

If it is not leaking at the bead the easiest thing is to slime it, then no need to take it off the axle or rim.:smile:
logo.jpg

Slime website

W

wrx603

i actually fixed 3 of my 4 tires with it....dry rot is a killer....

SONOFADOCKER

SONOFADOCKER

Don't forget paint remover gun or good hair dryer - heat up the rim after wd40 and tap away