Export thread

Redhawk walk behind Kohler 18 horsepower

M

MJlawncare

My Kohler 18 is leaking oil on the top of the hood. I have attached a few pics. Any advice where the leak is coming from? I hoping that someone has had this issue. Thanks

ForumRunner_20130420_201945.png

ForumRunner_20130420_202032.png

ForumRunner_20130420_201945.png

M

MJlawncare

By the way you can see the oil leak on the hood from the center running right.

R

Rivets

Can't really see the engine, but my guess would be sump gasket from what I can see. If you have the time try this to locate the source. With a pressure washer or garden hose clean everything you can on the engine and top of the deck. Dry it good, no wet spots. Take some very fine powder ( baby, foot, flour etc.) and dust everything in the area you think the leak may be coming from. Let sit. After a while you should be able to trace the leak back to the source.

M

MJlawncare

Thanks Rivits! I have one more question. I have an 18 horsepower Kohler Command. When I do an oil change how much oil needs to go in? I can't seen to find the answer even in the manual. Thanks

R

Rivets

Service manual says the capacity is 2 quarts.

midnite rider

midnite rider

Thanks Rivits! I have one more question. I have an 18 horsepower Kohler Command. When I do an oil change how much oil needs to go in? I can't seen to find the answer even in the manual. Thanks
Kohler 18 HP Command Series Engine / CV18S Basic / WAWB w/ Oil Sentry / Vertical Shaft / PA-61501

Engine
Cylinders: V-Twin
Cooling: Air
Engine: 4-cycle, gasoline, OHV, cast iron cylinder liner, aluminum block
Rated Horsepower: 18 hp (13.4 kW) @ 3600 RPM
Displacement: 38.0 cu. in. (624 cc)
Bore x Stroke: 3.03 in. (77 mm) x 2.64 in. (67 mm)
Torque: 32.8 ft (44.4 Nm) @ 2200
Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
Oil Capacity: 2.0 quarts (1.9 l)
Lubrication: Full pressure w/ full-flow filter