Export thread

Rear Wheel Jack Point for Pro-Turn

R

RustyBoy

Although I'm not near the point for my first Hydro Gear oil change, I'm thinking of doing it myself. However, I don't see a jack point for the rear wheels. From what I see, the heat shield is the only point that would raise both rear wheels but I don't think that would be an appropriate jack point. Does anyone know exactly where the jack is supposed to be positioned to raise the rear wheels? A photo would be great. As I think about it, I wouldn't know how to jack one side to change a flat tire. Didn't see any instructions in the owners manual. When I spoke with the dealer, he said that they raise the entire mower with straps, something I can't do. Any thoughts?????

Fish

Fish

I have no idea what you have, but it can't be that big. Is there a bolt hole on the rear for some sort of hitch? Just jack up the whole rear from there.

Fish

Fish

What are they suggesting for an oil change? How many hours?

djdicetn

djdicetn

What are they suggesting for an oil change? How many hours?

I have the Pro-Turn 100 XDZ, which has the HydroGear ZT-3400 trannies versus the base Pro-Turn's ZT-3200, I'm certain the hydro oil change is the same...1st @ 75 hours, then every 400 hours. My Gravely just turned over 50 hours, so I'll be getting a filter and oil for that between now and the end of tis mowing season. I've considered buying the oil & filter then letting my dealer do the service(the Service Manager said no problem when I asked about doing that). There is one user on these forums that changed his Gravely himself and gives pretty detailed instructions about how he purged the tannies after re-filling. I think he posted that on the Gravely Forum here. I'll try to find that thread and put a link to it in this thread for user RustyBoy.

P.S.
He made it sound easy enough that I'm tempted to just do it myself.