Export thread

Raptor vs RSD vs Fastrak

B

bhs0731

Between these machines what makes the biggest improvement in traction? I feel like my Hustler Sport doesn't have the power to handle some of the terrain I have yet I see my neighbor with a Fastrak SD handle things I wouldn't even try.

-Hydros EZT vs. 2800 vs. 3100?
-Weight? 522 vs 638 vs 835
-Tire Width? 8.5" (Raptor 52), 8" Raptor SD (48) to 9.5" wide (fastrak 48)

Really trying to decide if the upgrade I'm looking at makes sense or if I should just change gears and go for a commercial walk behind like trimstar/metro

K

kraky

I moved up from a raptor SD to a fast-track this spring and I'm really glad I did.... traction was much better, the ride is much better, it's quieter, and mows cleaner.
The hydros seem more accurate, the operator station is roomier, and I also like the spring assist on the foot pedal which I use fairly often in my ditches. The underside of the deck also seems to stay much cleaner. The bigger fuel tank and fuel gauge are another small bonus. I cannot think of a negative to the fast track versus the SD just a whole bunch of positives. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

B

bhs0731

Good to hear, ditches are certainly my concern. What deck size are you running?

K

kraky

I'm running a 54 and I think that's kind of a minimum with the width of the tires on that machine.... it doesn't have the big wide tires the SD has but they're definitely set out farther.
I change my angles a lot and I have a sloping front lawn and it cuts very even... I feel I need the overhang to get under shrubs and flowers that hang out of the flower garden a little bit... I don't know that the 48 would do that.

B

bhs0731

I ended up selling my Hustler Sport tonight so now I'm on the hunt, hoping I can find a deal here at the end of mowing season.

mhavanti

mhavanti

Lowes is doing the Raptor SD54s on sale right now. They're moving out of the door so fast in my little town that the 24 they had Monday were down to two at mid-afternoon today. Wednesday. Amazing.

B

bhs0731

What's the special? I know my local lowes doesn't have anything but the 60.

K

kraky

Lowes is doing the Raptor SD54s on sale right now. They're moving out of the door so fast in my little town that the 24 they had Monday were down to two at mid-afternoon today. Wednesday. Amazing.

Oh crap....at least one of them is going to have a Kohler engine problem, or a loose hydro cross brace.....we're gonna be hearing from a new member.....lol!

B

bhs0731

I mayour buy a used one nearby, hard to beat the price 2.7k with 78 hours.

mhavanti

mhavanti

It was a 100 dollars off and a hundred dollar rebate. Better than the local Hustler dealer will do. He won't take off a dime. But, then, you are expecting the dealer to service and take care of warranty work.

B

bhs0731

A recently serviced Raptor SD 54" with Kawasaki, engine guard and extended warranty came up for sale last night locally with 94 hours so I jumped on it. A lot more mower than I need for sure but I tend to cut areas around my neighborhood. The cut wasn't good but apparently the Excel blades don't last, they were rounded on the edges after what was stated to be 20 hours of use so I ordered some Gators.

I bumped up from 8.5" rears to 12" rears, traction is no longer an issue.

mhavanti

mhavanti

Hope you enjoy the new mower.